Blog Archive

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Daniella Skirt!

My next challenge after the Arabella was making a skirt for Little Miss Madelynn. The Arabella comes in girl's sizes, but I wanted something a little fuller for this adorable ballerina print. Rebecca Page to the rescue again! This time I used the Daniella pattern (previously called the Easy Peasy Skirt).

The previous name was very fitting. It truly was easy peasy. A basic gathered skirt pattern. Fairly quick, and great for beginners.

I made her the size 2 even though she measured in the 9 month waist size, but was at the top height for size 2. It is a bit big on her (thank goodness for cloth diapers to hold it up!), but I am still holding out hope that she may eventually hit a growth spurt. I opted to finish hers with a contrasting black rolled hem. So much love for the rolled hem!


Seriously, can she BE any more adorable?! (Friends anyone??)


One more picture for good measure (aka cuteness factor)! 

No comments: