Blog Archive

Friday, August 11, 2017

Arabella Skirt!!

My girls live in dresses and skirts year round, so I am always looking for a new style to make them. Lena likes a skirt with some volume, poofy, as she would say. That is why the Arabella from Rebecca Page screamed Lena to me!

 I am also kind of a sucker for patterns that come in the girl's sizes as well as mine, because I have a tendency to be that mom who makes matchy outfits for everyone. Bonus points for a quick sew, and ability to use fabric that I can find at Joann's so I don't have to wait for fabric mail. Arabella fits all of those criteria!


Lena picked this medium weight 100% cotton camo print for hers. Girl loves all things camo.... She measured in the high range for the women's size small, so I made her the medium. That way she will wear it a while. She wanted knee length, but since the pattern is drafted for the average height of 5'6" it is a touch long since I didn't shorten it, again because I wanted it to last her a while. We opted to finish with a rolled hem, and for no sash, because that might make her camo skirt "too girly." *rolls eyes*

It came together relatively quickly and easily. The worst/most time consuming part was gathering the skirt. Does anyone enjoy gathering really?

Once finished she had to put it to the twirl test, and it passed with flying colors. She decided she wants to wear it for the first day of school next week! WIN!!!



You can check out the full range of options for the Arabella here.

No comments: