Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

American Girls Go Camping!

With Lena's birthday coming up I had to figure out something big to make her. She was turning TEN!! She had been asking me for months for a tent for her American Girl dolls. I knew there had to be a way to make one so that it would be special for her.

Here it is!



I am so in love!! I made this using rhino canvas from here in a pink camo, because Lena loves her camo! I found the pattern on etsy from Pixie Faire Patterns. There are 2 solid walls, one wall with a window, and a wall with a door and window, and plenty of room inside for 2 besties! It folds up beautifully to fit in its own bag too!

You can't go camping without sleeping bags, so I had to make a few of those up too. Lena has 4 dolls, and I knew I wanted to make one that matched the tent. For the other 3 I asked her to just pick out 3 of her favorite fat quarters. She had no idea what I was doing with them, so she was a little skeptical, but she obliged. 

The sleeping bags were fast, fun, and easy to make! I will put together a tutorial for these soon so you guys can make a few for christmas presents!



Last, but not least, I grabbed my bag of scraps to make up some new clothes for her dolls. These were fun! They're so tiny! I cheated and did not hem any of them, and I left the neck bindings off of the shirts, because when I tried them on I don't think they would have fit with the binding on.

The top 5 are all from Max and Meena. Most of her patterns go down to preemie size, which just so happens to be perfect for dolls!

The skirt is from Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop, and the bottom shirt is a pattern I drew up to try just for fun.


I hope you all love these as much as we do!

Coming soon: Doll sleeping bag tutorial!

No comments: